Here’s a first line quiz. I will award a bag of chocolate to whomever gets all of them correct. If there is more than one person than I will draw a name from a hat.
1. My father’s family name being Pirrip, and my Christian name being Philip, my infant tongue could make both of those names nothing longer or more explicit than Pip.
2. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
3. When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow.
4. “What’s it going to be then, eh?”
5. A squat grey building of over thirty four stories.
6. Boys are playing basketball around a telephone pole with a backboard bolted to it.
7. My names was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie.
8. It was a very likely place for disappearances, at least at first glance.
9. She dreamed of sanctuary.
10. The corpse grabbed her arm with cool fingers.
Thanks for playing.